Thursday 27 October 2011

1 more day to 11 weeks 

Getting pregnant has made me uglier...

My face.... Arg!!! How do i even begin... I don't think I am imagining things but my nose seems to have become bigger. The skin at the bottom of my nose are always red, making me look like I've got a permanent cold. Skin around my lips are also reddish. Sometimes they swell a little bit. Making me looked as if I'm a little girl trying to put on lipstick and end up smudging it all around my lips.

It's been like that for the past few weeks. My mom in law noticed my bigger and red nose too (this confirmed that I am not hallucinating it). She told me out of the blue one day "Oh! You've got a big, red nose. Just like me when I was pregnant with my boy."


None of the soothing, calming cream or rescue lotion I bought out of desperation seems to help with the redness. Concealer doesn't help too. In fact, it made me looked worse. The concealer and foundation powder just cake around my dry skin making me looked like a terrible monster to little children.


I wonder if this is a normal symptom of pregnancy. I'm going to ask my doc when I see him on week 14.

Since my skin has become drier, I can't use my usual facial wash, toner, moisturizer and sunblock anymore. They caused my skin to dry up and flake. I can't use any products with strong smell either. They make me nauseous. My body lotion doesn't work too. The skin on my legs are itchy and flaky. I looked like I've got scales instead of skin.

Bottom line is, I have to change my whole range of skincare for oily, combination skin to the range for dry skin. Dumped my anti-shine sunblock for the oily type. Changed my shower foam and shampoo too. Can't take the smell. The only thing outstanding is my concealer and foundation. Need to do more research to find out which brand is good for dry skin.

My awesome sister got me L'occitane Mom & Baby Balm which works great for me. Love that it's fragrance free and feels super good on my dry, flaky skin. I use it all over at night, from face to feet. It's a small tub. I guess I might need to buy a few more tub.

I kept on asking my husband for reassurance that he will still love me if I end up looking like a freak. All his little reassurance meant a lot to the ugly me right now.


By the way, my mom in law said that "the big, red nose" will go away. But only after giving birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment