Tuesday 25 October 2011

10 weeks, 4 days

The throbbing headache subsided yesterday and I vomited only twice. That's a very good day for me and my husband was surprised to find me in a happy mood when he came home from work.

Come today, the headache is back. As usual, it started as a dull pain at the lower, left back of my head and then slowly increase its intensity and spread to the left frontal area as well. The pain made me more nauseous.

On the way to having lunch with my husband, I vomited the Milo and Oats I have taken for breakfast in his car (into my plastic bag of course). Even the water I have drank after breakfast came out. What worries me about this vomit episode is that in between the some of the gushes of vomit, I can't breathe! I wheezed hard to fight for gulps of air. I thought I'm having an asthma attack while vomiting.

My husband kept on telling me to "take a deep breadth, take a deep breadth". I mean, I am fighting just to breathe, how do you want me to take a deep breadth?! I would, if I could.

Well, maybe he's just feeling helpless and saying what he thought might be helpful. I love my husband but sometimes I wish that he would know how to react better in such situations without me telling him how to react.

There was one occasion when I was busy vomiting violently at the sink and he was busy playing PES2012 at his PlayStation. He continued to sit on the sofa, holding his controller, playing his game while I vomited. For two or three times he turned and looked at me and asked "Are you ok dear?" and turned back to his game after he asked. 

I'm obviously not OK. Not at all. "Why didn't you come over and rub my back or hold up my hair while I vomit? All these little gestures means a lot to your sick, pregnant wife." I grumbled to him after that.

After that day, my husband will always try to come and rub my back while I vomit. :) He also took initiative in cleaning up the dishes at the sink after I complained that the smell of dirty dishes makes me nauseous.

My husband does not have the natural instinct of taking care of people. He needs to be told what to do. But sometimes what woman wants is just for her man to take the initiative without us asking.

Perhaps I should start writing a guide on how to take care of your pregnant wife for the men.

No comments:

Post a Comment