Monday 24 October 2011

I'm 10 weeks pregnant at the moment and I'm counting down every single day as to when my suffering will end. At first it was just the constant bloating, nausea and tiredness.

Starting from week 7 onwards, everything started going downhill. My mom in law told me that all these suffering will end by the second trimester but my mom told me that her vomiting persisted all the way till she gave birth to my brother. I'm hoping real bad that my mom in law is right and all my sufferings will end by the start of the second trimester. I'm not sure how long more I can take all these vomiting anymore.

I've had days I vomit so much that there's blood in my vomit... Doc told me that I've retched and vomit too much thus hurting the throat. There's days that I vomit everything I ate and drank until I'm so tired from vomiting that I just fell asleep on the floor. Well, there is also the occasion good days that I just vomit once or twice.

I can't stand a lot of smells and food nowadays. The smell of coffee, fish, chicken, curry makes me nauseous. There's a gazillion other smells that makes me nauseous but those I've mentioned are the food and drink I used to love so much. Now, I just detest them with a vengeance.

I've vomited so much that I can tell you that some food taste and smell better compared to some when you vomit them out. Tea for instant, don't smell as bad as milk or Milo. Cream crackers or bread or white porridge is definitely much better to vomit compared to noodles, chew kueh (its so bad that the chai poh came out from my nose) and meat.

Plastic bags and tissue paper are important companions in cars. Can't count the number of times I've vomited in my husband's car. He always wind down the windows to air off the smell. Didn't know what motion sickness was until I got pregnant.

There's also the constant dull headache that start from the back of your head and slowly develops into a full fledged throbbing severe headache that last for three days. It made my vomiting worse...

Getting pregnant has transformed my life from heaven to hell. I hope really, really bad that all these will be over soon and I believe that at the end of my pregnancy journey and holding baby in my arms will be worth my trip through hell.

To my Mama, thanks for everything. I love you more now that I'm going through all these. Come to learn to appreciate you more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment